We provide professional Oriental rug cleaning services to help our clients preserve and care for their handmade Oriental rugs. With the proper care, Oriental rugs (sometimes referred to as Persian rugs) can last for several generations.
It is important to professionally clean your Oriental rugs on a regular basis. How often you do so depends on many factors (including whether you have pets or have your Oriental carpet in a high traffic area). On average, most people should professionally clean their Oriental rugs once every two years.
Our Oriental rug cleaning process involves safe and traditional techniques, including:
- First, we assess the Oriental rug based on its condition. Antique or silk Oriental rugs generally are more sensitive and are more susceptible to damage during the cleaning process. It is important to examine each piece so as to ensure minimizing the risk of damage to each Oriental rug.
- Next, we examine whether the Oriental rug has had any restoration or repairs and also look to see if there are any damaged areas. If so, we take steps to try to minimize the risk of any further damage.
- We remove as much dust and particles from the Oriental carpet as possible using special vacuum cleaners.
- We test each Oriental rug for color fastness. If the colors are particularly suspectible to color run, we have to use special methods to clean the rug. Although there is no way to eliminate the risk of color-run completely, there are steps we take to minimize the risk.
- If the Oriental rug is relatively color-fast, we soak it in a pool in the next phase of the cleaning process.
- If the Oriental rug smells or has a pet odor, we will neutralize the smell or odor using natural materials that will not damage the rug.
- We brush the Oriental rug to remove any embedded dust particles.
- We allow the Oriental rug to dry while taking steps to minimize the risk of shrinkage and fiber curling.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about our professional Oriental rug cleaning nyc process.